Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Canadian in France

Rising out of the plane above the French town of Arras and Vimy Ridge. Wind sweeps the grassy slope and through the forest towards the giant marble monument to the fallen Canadian World War II. The monument, while in France, is actually on Canadian soil. The country was France, where the Canadian government by the French Government as an honor for the sacrifice in defense of its citizens. As a Canadian traveling in France,Vimy Memorial is a reminder of home heating. Often, when we have the courage, far from home wishing us something familiar, something that we remember where our house, and in northern France, I was in desperate need of it.

France is a beautiful place. There is regional diversity is a traveler to feel different in some countries. My journey began in France in the north and in all honesty, it proved to be the most enjoyable experience. On my way outBelgium, I hitchhiked across the street, where I knew I was Vimy Ridge. As a student of history, I knew I had to see the first and Monument, with Belgium and the Netherlands hitchhiking quite easily, I thought my luck was still in France this was not the case. I spent hours standing on the roadside in different places and different points and trying to get a lift. When I just give up, it was a kind of French master saw me, looked at me as if it had been shakenapparently to get me and caught himself before his death, and he led me to not speak English and my French is no longer 11, but we understand each other quite well. I told him I wanted to go to the memorial, and he pushed me to the top of Vimy Ridge.

At the Ridge, I was overwhelmed by the grandeur and beauty of the monument. The artistic design of the statues portrayed the woman who was crying, the Angels, a feeling for the spirit of sacrifice that men are subjected toDefending a country very little or no connection. The forest to the monument has killed a tree for every person and burial sites around the back to support their tombstones. I see a happy Canadian students, like me, works as a coordinator on the ground. I just talk with one and within minutes I was offered a place for the night. One of them gave me a tour of the trenches and tunnels, and when the day was over, I jumped in hisvan, and we went to the village. Tourism in Canada these boys and girls had a nice apartment where I have eyes on the couch, and we had a dinner of pasta (I like a lot, as I had not eaten much substance for a couple of days off). After dinner we went to a local pub, played cards and drank Guinness and played pool. Once alone for most of my trip around Europe I felt a warm comfort and peace of my trip that I have felt like in Europe.

I left the next morningwith the sun shining through the plains of northern France, a trust more than the rest of my time in Europe would be a great adventure. I had a feeling a lot better about France. The people had not changed, but I noticed that people are not the problem. People are people wherever you go. I just had to change my Outlook and come away with the fact that I was alone in a foreign country, and it was my turn to do most of my travels. What will happen to the otherThe Canadians gave me was a dose of home and the dose is sufficient to establish myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment